IoT Kitchen Appliances
Gourmia is redefining the consumer kitchen appliance industry. We are a Brooklyn, NY based company with a super experienced management team and distribution through Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Target and others.
The software project manager is responsible for translating the vision of the creative team into the delivery of software components that make up the Gourmia IoT experience. The manager will work with creative teams to get direction and then coordinate with technical developers – internal and 3rd party external – to have the components made to budget and on time. The role is a perfect pathway for those interested, into a Product Management role in the future.
Truly excellent skills in interpersonal communications, diplomacy, project management from at least 2 years professional experience are needed.
Confidence, humility and diplomacy. Motivate others when needed, be a calming reassuring function when needed.
The Project Manager will be responsible for overall project coordination of all IoT platform projects from scoping, definition amendment, monitoring development and finally release into the marketplace. Job duties include gathering requirements, amending those as needed, writing new project requirements documents, monitoring the implementation of each project and managing internal / external resources.
What we need from you:
- Demonstrated understanding of the complete digital project lifecycle as it pertains to mobile app and backend development from UX specification through launch. IoT is not that much different.
- A tight partnership with Creative and Technical to help determine solutions and develop refined requirements to support the creative vision. Write and amend product requirements as needed. Creative assets and direction supplied.
- Ensure a well-defined SOW accompanies proposed solutions with associated budget and project plan.
- Ability to communicate complex technical challenges in a way that is clear and understood by colleagues and clients alike.
- Develop and maintain a prioritized list of delivery based on resource availability, key business milestones, cost savings.
- Test and validate that our specifications are being met during the development process.
- Develop, coordinate and ensure successful execution of delivery plan. Communicate needs and project status to product execution team (internal and vendors) and executive team.
- Participation and documentation of internal meetings capturing take-aways related to tactical next steps and overall work plan execution.
This position requires:
- At least 2 years digital project management experience on interactive design and development projects including web, mobile and backend applications.
- Proven industry experience and credible references essential. Bachelor’s degree ideal. Advanced technical degree is a plus.
- Must have some professional experience with consumer hardware products and their manufacture.
- Ideally you are a cooking enthusiast as well.
- Self-starter, independent thinker and works well in teams. Excellent interpersonal skills with evidence of teamwork and collaboration
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with customers and team members at all levels
- Ability to create effective plans and manage diverse and multiple tasks while balancing short and long-term goals.
- Update executives in a timely and proactive manner on project status and any key issues that may arise.
- Experience in handling issues around hardware and software design (Internet of Things a big plus)
- Basic Familiarity with Kanban development process for both specification and technical implementation.
- Basic familiarity with Jira and Confluence software packages.
- Travel required including overnights and weekends.
- Trips include vendor site visits, product demonstrations, trade shows and other company facilities as required.Apply with covering letter and resume to Hannah Leaf, Human Resources at Gourmia – email@example.com
Headquartered in Brooklyn, NY, Gourmia is passionate about cooking and the tools for the healthy lifestyle. With decades of small appliance expertise, Gourmia’s founders know what cooks are looking for: dependable, easy to use tools that will make their lives easier. Gourmia enables consumers to eat better, fresher, and healthier without spending hours in the kitchen prepping, cooking and then cleaning up. From sous vide immersion cookers to multi-purpose cookers and juicers; the team at Gourmia has taken input from numerous chefs and consumers to make their products the best in their category.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org