IoT Kitchen Appliances
Are you driven by the need to develop and create products? Get a thrill in seeing your work in the hands of regular consumers? Do you feel you’re ready to be recognized for your talent and ability? Lead software projects from birth to launch? If you answered yes to any of these then you may be our person!
We are seeking an experienced embedded software engineer to play a key role in the development of our line of Intelligent IoT kitchen appliances. We operate on a mix of ARM / ESP 32 / ESP 8266 chips and our ARM Linux SBC’s feature a full color touch screen interface.
Our ideal candidate is highly self-motivated. They must approach technical challenges enthusiastically and exhibit a strong desire to learn and apply new technologies in the areas of HCI, IoT and software development.
- 3+ years of real-world programming experience with ARM / C / C++ tool chains. Writing industrial or commercial applications a plus.
- Embedded Linux experience a must.
- Experience in Image Processing/ Machine vision a plus, together with simple machine side ML.
- GUI based application development experience
- Secure TCP/IP Network communications and multi-threaded programming
- Some Amazon AWS experience desirable but not essential, particularly with their IoT components.
- Ability to read a schematic and suggest changes to a PCB is a bonus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in technical English.
- Occasional domestic and international travel
Position reports to our Brooklyn, NY office
- Develop high-quality embedded software applications for ARM and ESP 32 / ESP 8266 processors.
- Participate in full product lifecycle development and support of consumer electronics
- Develop Machine Vision algorithms for automated food and cooking state detection
- Implement GUI interface designs on a 24 bit touch screen display
- Test applications and overall system behavior and performance
- Assist in technical documentation process
Education / Experience:
- CS or EE degree in computer related field or equivalent experience
Apply with covering letter and resume to Hannah Leaf, Human Resources at Gourmia – email@example.com
Headquartered in Brooklyn, NY, Gourmia is passionate about cooking and the tools for the healthy lifestyle. With decades of small appliance expertise, Gourmia’s founders know what cooks are looking for: dependable, easy to use tools that will make their lives easier. Gourmia enables consumers to eat better, fresher, and healthier without spending hours in the kitchen prepping, cooking and then cleaning up. From sous vide immersion cookers to multi-purpose cookers and juicers; the team at Gourmia has taken input from numerous chefs and consumers to make their products the best in their category.