Are you driven to create innovative, high-quality products? Are you passionate about usability, great user workflows and product stickiness? We need a Product Manager who will bring passion, experience and ability to our team. We want someone who knows how to build new, high-quality, high-value features rapidly and wants to make an impact.
What will you do each day?
Some days, you will be working with the leadership team to drive product strategy or identify and design new features and products. Other days, you will advocate for the customer, understanding their needs and gathering feedback. You will use your experience to clearly articulate market direction and you will prioritize the most important and highest value work. Our product manager will work closely with a cross-functional technical team, customer service, C-level executives and customers to define, build, and launch new and improved functionality.
· Effectively gather stakeholder and customer feedback to inform the direction of the product and foster trust.
· Collaborate with engineering to iteratively scope, build and launch new features to support internal and external needs
· Build consensus amongst stakeholders by defining a shared vision and establishing a roadmap of prioritized initiatives for both short- and long-term benefits
· Manage for the team’s backlog and use research and your experience to prioritize and tradeoff based on business value, level of effort, and strategic direction.
· Understand the customer’s needs, wants and unspoken expectations to develop a great customer experience.
· Research and write detailed user stories as well as support high-level business discussions. You should be comfortable describing the big picture as well as digging into the weeds.
· Help guide and motivate the technical team. Identify risks and remove obstacles to help enable delivery, speed to market and significant ROI.
· Build product awareness by communicating changes, feature improvements, and product value. Then collaborate with customer service, operations, marketing and sales to convey that value to customers.
· Foster trust, collaboration, and teamwork by understanding team dynamics and facilitating effective interactions both inside the technical team and with other parts of the business.
The ideal Candidate demonstrates the following crucial skills:
· Strategic Thinking to anticipate market needs.
· Outstanding Communication. Conveys information quickly and clearly.
· Organized. Ensure important things do not slip through the cracks.
· Problem Solving. Help the team to identify solutions and prioritize.
· A Leader. Resolves conflicts, lead by example, inspire and motivate others and deliver on what has been promised.
Skills and qualifications:
· 3+ years of success as a Product Manager in an Agile software company working within the Restaurant Industry.
· Point of Sale and Business Intelligence / Big Data experience required.
· Experience with Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence) required.
· Comfortable creating wireframes, workflows and mockups.
· Data-driven. Able to balance quantitative and qualitative research.
· Experience gathering user feedback.
Picnic is changing the way food service works. Our automated food assembly system is addressing serious problems in the food service industry facing labor shortages and dramatically changing consumer preferences. Food made easy.
Picnic offers competitive benefits and compensation including equity participation, paid health insurance, 401k, and a flexible work schedule.