Website Rumi Spice
Summary The operations manager is responsible for inventory, production, fulfillment, shipping logistics, and customer service. Rumi is a young company garnering dynamic growth in the food start-up world with forecasted revenues of $1MM+ in 2019. In addition to its consumer products, the company is a Certified B Corporation, driving its social mission through the company’s expansion. The company just completed its Series A funding and is on a trajectory to drive growth through expansion in retail, foodservice, wholesale and online channels.
Key job accountabilities
● Direct and oversee all international operations regarding sample protocols, shipping, third-party processing, and receiving; coordinate inbound and outbound logistics, prior notice to FDA, paperwork accuracy, maintaining relationship with international customs broker
● Plan and manage production with co-packer for all SKUs from PO placement, production timing, delivery, and stocking
● Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing for production and inventory
● Manage budget and forecast for all product components, WIP, and raw materials needs
● Main point of contact for international suppliers, planning and placing saffron and cumin orders, payment record and communication, coordinating product shipping and deliveries from Afghanistan, to Turkey, to the US.
● Manage 3PL fulfillment center for all wholesale, B2B, and retail orders, order processing and delivery
● Create and oversee monthly demand planning process
● Lead annual operations planning process and collaborate cross-functionally
● Support innovation process by leading new product operations
● Own all aspects of customer service (inquiries, order issues, refunds)
● Manage multiple-site inventory
● Manage ecommerce fulfillment with Amazon MCF and maintain safety stock levels.
● On-going cost analysis (fulfillment, shipping, production, labor), with the goal to identify cost saving opportunities and increase efficiency across all operational functions
● Improving operational management systems, processes and best practices related to order processing, customer service, fulfillment, production, procurement, inventory management, and relationship management
Job Requirements/Qualifications Education and Experience:
▪ Bachelor’s degree (relevant field a plus)
▪ 3-5 years Operations experience (preferably start-up and/or food industry)
▪ Experience with third party fulfillment platforms a plus (i.e. Amazon FBA)
▪ Experience with Quickbooks Enterprise
High commitment to the Rumi mission and strong sense of responsibility
Extremely punctual and team player
Good command of Microsoft offices and relevant software Exhibits initiative and self-motivation
Very independent and well-organized
Rumi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Work authorization: United States (Required)
A cover letter and CV is required to apply for this job. Please submit both to firstname.lastname@example.org