Website Seattle Food Tech (SFT)
Seattle Food Tech (SFT) is an early-stage, plant-based food start-up. As a food production and manufacturing technology company, we are working to substantially increase the volume and lower the price of specific, high-quality plant-based meat products to effectively serve the institutional market to replace animal-based meat on a large scale.
Seattle Food Tech is seeking part-time plant-based meat production employees to make SFT’s plant-based Crispy Nuggets at our small-scale production kitchen in south Seattle. The production consists of nugget making (mixing, frying, freezing, packaging), and transporting equipment, supplies, and products to and from our storage facilities. This position requires considerable coordination with other team members and kitchen personnel.
Skills and Experience Requirements: Candidates for this position should have all of the following credentials:
- A passion to make the plant-based meat industry succeed.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Comfortable handling and preparing food with a willingness to learn and follow all procedures and protocols.
- Has their own vehicle and are willing to transport products to our storage facilities in Seattle (Lake City). Travel costs will be compensated.
- Has or is willing to obtain a King County Food Worker Card.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds. Ability to complete physical labor such as packaging and cleaning.
- Experience in food service or food production is desirable.
Location: South Seattle and the greater Seattle area.
Salary: Pay $16 hourly, up to 19 hours weekly.
Start Date: Mid January. Applications accepted ongoing for start dates beyond January.
Hours: Production shifts are 6 hours each. We are seeking employees that are available for morning (9 am – 3 pm) or evening (3 pm – 9 pm) shifts, mostly weekdays with some weekends available. Shift availability varies considerably and may change with short notice.
Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy: At Seattle Food Tech, we aim to attract the most qualified and creative problem-solvers to the mission of providing sustainable, affordable meat alternatives. In achieving that goal, SFT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our operations. Women, minorities, people of color, and those with non-traditional educational and experiential backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Further, we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. Discrimination or harassment in any form or based on any of the above factors is prohibited, as is retaliation against a person who has made a complaint or given information regarding possible violations of our policy.