Website Seattle Food Tech (SFT)
Seattle Food Tech (SFT) is an early-stage, plant-based foods start-up. As a food production and manufacturing technology company, we are looking to substantially increase the volume and lower the price of specific plant-based meat products to effectively serve the institutional market to replace animal-based meat on a large scale.
SFT is seeking a Equipment & Facilities R&D Engineer to serve as the technical lead for SFT’s production engineering in collaboration with the product development and operations teams and to perform the following:
- Determine and calculate production lines for several types of plant-based meat products.
- Work with suppliers and product development team to determine the cost of equipment for certain volume production lines.
- Lead design and development of new processing line equipment.
- Coordinate R&D efforts in collaboration with SFT’s production team.
- Define and design pilot and production scale facilities for our plant-based meat products based on new, innovative production strategies.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive facility budget for capital costs, operations, and maintenance.
- Support facilities design for new production lines.
- Establish and maintain food safety plans for plant-based meat production in accordance with FSMA and state food and agricultural agencies.
- Design for advanced preventative controls in SFT facilities.
- Evaluate new technologies for facility operation and management for implementation into future plants.
- Develop facility replication plans to support expansion.
- Coordinate R&D manufacturing and facilities’ efforts in collaboration with SFT’s operations and product development team.
- Support food engineering efforts overall including assistance with fundraising, media inquiries, and partnerships.
- Coordinate contract manufacturing efforts for SFT, as necessary.
- Manage employees in the engineering, product development, and operations departments, as assigned
- Maintain product, facilities, and R&D engineering needs assessments.
- Design experiments (DOE) to determine optimal production processes, equipment and recipes.
- Support multiple experimental food production projects.
- Propose new food production projects in response to bottlenecks in production line engineering and facilities needs.
- Evaluate new and novel technologies for the facility design, operation, and establishment.
- Support multiple experimental food facility projects and focused R&D.
- Actively evaluate projects and work functions for wasted time, effort, resources, products, and the like.
- Propose waste reduction opportunities for review.
- Implement waste reduction efforts; track effectiveness.
- Regularly review facility designs and operation for waste reduction opportunities.
Location: Remote work at various production location, but located in Seattle, WA or the Puget Sound region. Work onsite at our facility in S. Seattle is necessary some days of the week. As the company grows, production will be in the Puget Sound region.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience. SFT offers 14 working days of vacation/PTO during the calendar year. The amount of vacation/PTO time available to you during your first year is determined by pro ration based on the number of full months of employment completed by you during that year. At this time, as a small start-up, SFT does not yet offer health insurance benefits. SFT offers shares options for early-stage start-up employees.
How to apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your experience fits the skills needed in this position to email@example.com. Please note that while this is an active job opening, the hiring process may take up to 3 months. However, we hope to complete it much sooner. Thank you for your patience as we evaluate candidates.
Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy: At Seattle Food Tech, we aim to attract the most qualified and creative problem-solvers to the mission of providing sustainable, affordable meat alternatives. In achieving that goal, SFT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our operations. Women, minorities, people of color, and those with non-traditional educational and experiential backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Further, we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. Discrimination or harassment in any form or based on any of the above factors is prohibited, as is retaliation against a person who has made a complaint or given information regarding possible violations of our policy.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org