Like many fast-growing industries, the world of food tech relies heavily on intellectual property.
No matter if your startup is building alternative proteins, cooking technology, automation, or some other food tech product, chances are its future success will depend on its IP. But if you’re like me, you find navigating the world of patents confusing. So, I figured why not bring an expert on the podcast to help me (and you) better understand how to navigate the world of patents?
On this episode of the Spoon Podcast, Anas Alfarra joins us to talk food tech and patents. Anas managed IP for one of the world’s biggest industrial equipment makers, has secured his own patent for a food cooking system, and advises startups on how to manage their IP.
- Topics discussed on this podcast include:
- What are the different types of patents?
- What is a provisional patent?
- How to understand patent strategies of large companies like Amazon and Microsoft
- The process of applying for a patent
- And much more!
If you are at all interested in intellectual property and have questions about how to manage it for your food tech startup, this is a must-listen!