Our partner is the latest project of a technology investment group with companies at the cutting edge of Electric Vehicles, robofacturing and Autonomous Vehicles. The office is located in Barcelona with some engineering functions in Moscow. Now they are gathering talented specialists in the fields of robotics and machine learning from all over the world to change the foodtech industry.
What Exactly They Are Doing
They use robotic technology to take the routine and inefficiency out of cooking, creating a ‘robot chef’ that can help in cooking any cuisine or any dish in the world. This could be used for businesses (factories, restaurants, delivery-only), or at home, where people will be able to eat restaurant quality meals at a fraction of the cost.
The core technologies that will allow them to do this are:
● Robotic Perception – we can achieve a new level of understanding of the environment through advanced machine learning and computer vision techniques.
● Robotic Intelligence – Our algorithms can control to a precise level, creating an intelligent robot that can perform and adapt in every environment.
● Robotic Platform – From driver level to high level control, our software is being optimised to meet the high performance and reliability standards of required tasks.
This role is a unique combination of Product development, Restaurant operations and Business ownership. What makes a loveable product? How manage and meet customer’s expectations? Which features and innovations does the company prioritise in the current market and when does it necessary to change course? What is the go-to-market strategy? And let’s not forget: What does it take to run a restaurant? These (and many others) will be the central questions that will keep you up at night. To get the answers to these questions, you’re constantly balancing your time between technical teams, CEO and customers. As the entrepreneur in residence, you develop not just the food and restaurant concept but also the vital technology and processes to support it. Consequently, you’ll be a major driver of the business and high level product strategy but you’ll also get your hands dirty. Very dirty as you’ll be running an actual restaurant while gathering customer feedback, training staff, creating a marketing plan and giving direction to the engineers. Lastly, you’ll often find yourself the face of the business when dealing with potential partners and suppliers.
What will make you a great candidate:
- You understand people and their habits like no other
- A desire to work on something truly world-changing
- Experience as an entrepreneur or as part of the tech & product team of a successful startup
- A proactive yet humble attitude
- Experience in food and/or hardware development would be amazing
- The ability to conceptualise and find product-market fit for new food concepts
- Experience launching market shaping products
- A curious mind and the drive to figure stuff our on your own
- An excellent overview and understanding of the current state of affairs in the food and robotics industries
- A strong interest in technology
- Excellent spoken and written English
Why to choose it
- The beaches, food, vibes, mountains and architecture of Barcelona
- The chance to work on the next big thing in Foodtech
- Amazing colleagues and a great culture
- You get to pick your own workstation & tools
- Personal growth, innovation and learning every day
- A brand new phone
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Co-ownership of the company
- 23-25 paid vacation days
- Return flights home
- Gym subscription
- Spa & massage days
- Relocation assistance