The Spoon Podcast is back after a summer hiatus with a food tech news wrap-up discussing some of the most interesting stories of the week!
In this episode, Spoon contributor Allen Weiner and I talk about:
- Trader Joe’s says no to self check out
- The continuing decline of plant-based meat sales
- Academics are worried about implications for AI and automation on family meal
- A 20 year success story: Mini Melts selling 30 million ice creams a year through its kiosks
- Starship continues to grow, deploying sidewalk robots to 50 universities
You can listen to the full episode by clicking below or by finding The Spoon Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts! And while you’re at it, do us a favor and leave us a review!
As mentioned in the show, the Spoon is once again leading the charge for food tech at CES, the world’s biggest tech show. If you are interested in showcasing your future food or food tech innovation, head over to The Spoon’s CES page for more info.
Also, on October 25th, we’ll be bringing leaders at the intersection of food and AI together for a day of conversation. Please use the discount code PODCAST for 15% off tickets to the Food AI Summit.